Own a Home
ONEIDA COUNTY HABITAT IS DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE WILL BE BUILDING A HOME BEGINNING IN 2018.
We are currently searching for a qualified family to partner with. The home will be located on the 300 block of Lansing Street in the City of Utica. To apply, please download and submit an application. Download Here or call 315.624.9010 for more information.
Through homeownership, Oneida County Habitat for Humanity helps to develop and transform communities by building affordable and sustainable homes in partnership with lower-income families.
How it works:
- Through volunteer labor and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds alongside our homeowner partner families.
- Habitat is not a giveaway program. Habitat houses are sold to partner families and financed with low interest bank mortgages.
- Homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
- Need for Adequate Housing – Factors considered are overcrowding, potential health hazards, safety, high energy costs and housing costs which are more than 30% of total monthly income.
- Ability to Pay for a Habitat Home – The family must qualify for a low-income mortgage through a financial lender. The family’s income must be no more than 60% of the median income for that family size in Oneida County. (see 2017 chart below)
- Willingness to Partner – A commitment to work on, or in support of, the supervised construction activities. Much of this time is generally spent on-site in construction: time may also be contributed through office work, committee work, or other support activities. A certain amount of the “sweat equity” commitment of 200-400 hours can be shared by family and friends.
- Residence – The family must have lived or worked in Oneida County for 12 months prior to applying.
- Veteran Families – are encouraged to apply
2017 Income Limits for 60% of HUD Area Median Income ($62,100) of Oneida County.
|3 Person||4 Person||
|6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
Interested in owning a home?
The first step is to complete an Application to Partner, which will get you started on your next step for a Habitat home. All applications must be submitted (or postmarked) no latter than November 15, 2017.
To download an application (click here)
The Application deadline (November 15, 2017) has passed.
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back in January 2018: We will re-advertise and open the application process if a partner family has not been accepted by December 31, 2017.