Habitat for Heroes
WE SERVE – WE HONOR – WE BUILD
ARE YOU A VETERAN IN NEED OF A HOME or HOME REPAIR?
MAY BE ABLE TO HELP!
Designed to address the needs of veterans, Habitat for Heroes will provide homeownership opportunities, handicap accessible modifications and home repairs for disabled heroes and financially disadvantaged veterans of Oneida County through no profit – no interest projects for qualifying veteran households in need of a home or home repair.
Habitat for Heroes builds on Habitat’s model of providing affordable housing specifically designed to address the needs of veterans through Habitat’s A Brush With Kindness program. This program brings together volunteers and resources to help veterans who need repairs or modifications on their existing homes. Veterans will be selected based on their need for repairs to remain as homeowners and/or self-sufficient in their environment.
Through the Habitat for Heroes Initiative, homes with a veteran and/or active service member. Qualified and selected homeowners can receive assistance with interior and exterior home repairs including exterior painting, accessibility modifications, window and door replacements, landscaping, door widening, fencing and more. Some interior modifications may apply.
- The property must be your primary residence and owned by you
- You must be current with mortgage payments, property taxes and insurance
- You must have veteran status or honorable discharge
- You must demonstrate a need for home repairs or to remain self-sufficient in your environment
- You must be below 60% of the area median income for Oneida County
- You must be willing to partner with Oneida County Habitat as well as provide sweat equity hours
2014 Income Limits for 60% of HUD Area Median Income ($59,500) of Oneida County
|HH size||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person|