Designed to address the needs of veterans, Habitat for Heroes will provide home-ownership opportunities, handicap accessible modifications and home repairs for disabled heroes and financially disadvantaged veterans of Oneida County through no profit – no interest projects for qualifying veteran households in need of a home or home repair.
Through the Habitat for Heroes Initiative, homes with a veteran and/or active service member can receive assistance with interior and exterior home repairs including exterior painting, accessibility modifications, window and door replacements, landscaping, door widening, fencing and more. Some interior modifications may apply.
- The property must be your primary residence and owned by you
- You must be current with mortgage payments, property taxes and insurance
- You must have veteran status or honorable discharge
- You must demonstrate a need for home repairs or to remain self-sufficient in your environment
- You must be below 60% of the area median income for Oneida County
- You must be willing to partner with Oneida County Habitat as well as provide sweat equity hours
If you are a veteran or active military member in need of a home or home repair, please contact us at 315.624.9010 or email@example.com