A Brush with Kindness
If you currently own a home that needs minor exterior repairs and enhancements, you may be eligible for the Habitat for Humanity “A Brush with Kindness” (ABWK). Oneida County Habitat offers this program to qualified homeowners in Oneida County who are willing to partner with us and our volunteers to improve their home’s exterior presentation.
Oneida County Habitat for Humanity is happy to announce Fastrac Cares will be the corporate partner for our home repair program, A Brush with Kindness!
What ABWK does:
ABWK helps low-income home-owners who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes, allowing them to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
Eligible repairs include:
- Pressure washing
- Minor soffit/fascia repair
- Yard clean-up and landscaping
- Fixing broken windows/doors
- Replacing loose siding
- Safety and home accessibility upgrades like wheelchair ramps and non-slip paint
We do not do critical repairs such as roof repairs or replacement, foundation repair, mold removal, and other extensive work.
Who ABWK helps:
ABWK eases wary homeowner concerns by providing home preservation services that are sensitive to homeowner circumstances. Eligible candidates are:
- Homeowners who are living in their home full time – we don’t work with landlords.
- People with unsafe living conditions in their home.
- People forced to choose between necessities like food, medicine, taxes, utilities and home maintenance.
- People facing a city code violation or insurance policy cancellation due.
- Many ABWK clients are either single parents, elderly, people with disabilities or Veterans.
- Many ABWK applicants have worked for years maintain their homes and now find themselves in an awkward and sometimes embarrassing position or asking for help.
Why ABWK matters:
A Brush with Kindness ensures that families live in safe and well-maintained homes. The program is designed to revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood, encourage connections within the community, and most importantly, help preserve affordable housing stock.
Need repairs to your home?
The first step is to complete an application, which will help determine your needs for a Habitat home repairs. Download and fill this application out if you are a homeowner in need of repairs.
Please mail or drop off all applications to 494 French Rd. Utica, NY 13502. Or download and email your application to email@example.com Applications WILL NOT be returned.