Ways to Give:
Give by credit card.
Support Oneida County Habitat for Humanityl today by making a one-time gift or becoming a monthly sustaining donor by credit card.
Give by check.
Please direct your gift to:Oneida County Habitat for Humanity 494 French Rd. Utica, NY 13502
To make a donation to Oneida County Habitat for Humanity, please download and mail this form with your donation. Any and all donation amounts are greatly appreciated by OCHFH and go directly toward our mission of providing affordable homeownership opportunities in our community.
Join Our Square Foot Club
It cost $65 dollars per square foot to build a Habitat house. A contribution of $65 will purchase the materials to build “1 Square Foot” of a decent, affordable home. “Buy” your Square Foot today! Read more here.
Donate your car.
Do you have a car, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat on a trailer taking up valuable space in your driveway? Your vehicle donation will help Habitat for Humanity build homes in partnership with families in your community.
It is quick and easy to donate cars, trucks, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, construction equipment and other vehicles ~ running or not!
- Proceeds from the sale of your car help your local Habitat for Humanity build and renovate houses with families in need.
- You may receive a tax deduction if you itemize. (Consult your tax advisor or the IRS for details.)
- Recycling your car saves energy and natural resources.
For more information about Cars for Homes™, Habitat’s official car donation program, visit carsforhomes.org.
To donate a car, truck, boat or RV to Cars for Homes™, call (877) 277-4344 toll free or donate online:
Leave a legacy.
Your legacy reflects the meaning of your life. Choosing Oneida County Habitat for Humanity (OCHFH) in your estate plans will leave a legacy for the entire community. We encourage you to consider a charitable contribution to OCHFH when you meet with your financial adviser to plan your estate.
It takes a special kind of person to make plans for the benefit of unknown people in the unknowable future, and the Habitat for Humanity Legacy Gifts was designed to recognize these forward-thinking friends. We are always delighted to welcome new members to this exclusive group, and there are only two requirements for membership. First, make arrangements to benefit Oneida County Habitat for Humanity beyond your lifetime. These arrangements might include a bequest in your will, or a plan that provides life income and income tax benefits, like a Charitable Gift Annuity. Second, let us know about your plans. It is not necessary to specify a dollar value for these plans, but having some idea of the details allows us to plan for the future and is appreciated.
- Wills and living trusts – You can name OCHFH as a beneficiary in your will and living trusts.
- Retirement plans – You also can name OCHFH as a beneficiary of your 401(k), IRA and other retirement plan assets.
- Life insurance policies – Naming OCHFH as owner or beneficiary of a life insurance policy can be an effective estate planning method.
- Charitable remainder trusts – These trusts provide income to you during your lifetime and to OCHFH on termination of the trust.
- Charitable lead trusts – These trusts provide income to OCHFH during the term of the trust and assets to your heirs on the trust’s termination.
- Real estate – You can transfer the deed of your home to OCHFH while keeping the right to live there for your lifetime.
Habitat for Humanity does not provide tax or legal advice, we recommend you contact a Planned Giving experts who can provide information.
For more information, call our Development office at (315) 624.9012.
Or give us a call.
Contact our office at (315) 624.9012 for more information about giving to OCHFH.
Habitat for Humanity is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift to Habitat is tax-deductible as allowed by law. Request our annual report or our most recent 990.