Oneida County Habitat for Humanity is looking an individual to join our team and fill the following position:
MISSION: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Oneida County Habitat for Humanity operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore merchandise. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Oneida County Habitat for Humanity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reports to the Executive Director. Implements and drives programs for donation through relationships with community based Trade, Business Groups, churches, donors and others. Operations management, including but not limited to: consistent, safe and positive development of Associates and assets to provide a high quality Donor to customer experience.
SALARY: $28,000 – $32,000 Full Time
Operational: Drive donations, sales and profit to the Restore. Train staff/volunteers and ensure store is adequately staffed. Coordinate and schedule donation pickups; evaluate donations via restore policy. Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors. Maintain required licenses and records necessary as required to operate the Restore. Cover any and all positions as needed. Ensures compliance with HR laws and Labor Laws.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising: Participate in developing and implementing a public relations plan to work with local organizations/media/advertising programs to increase donations/sales/volunteers. Update Social media sites including launching campaigns.
Staff & Volunteer Management: Works with volunteer coordinators towards recruitment/training of staff and volunteers. Ensures communication with OCHFH staff, Board of Directors and volunteers. Documents incidents/develops corrective actions/resolves situations with employees/volunteers with Volunteer coordinator and or Executive Director when necessary. Reinforces “safety first” practices with staff, volunteers, customers and others on Restore property.
Finance and Administration/Reports: Supervises daily cash transaction/deposits; provides accurate accounting records of revenues/expenses as required; approves time sheets; assists Exec Director & Finance with budgets/and recommends capital expenditures. Keep ED informed appropriately/timely of operation & financial matter. Keeps reports of designated activities but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities to their immediate supervisor, ED, CEO or Board.
Procedures: Implements policy on pricing guideline/hold policies; schedules price reductions/sales events in advance; supervises store personnel/volunteers; maintains all store vehicles/equipment; overall appearance of ReStore property.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of degree with experience in retail
- A minimum of 3 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives with an ability to quickly
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations
- Basic social media skills, including Facebook
- Required to lift at least 75 pounds on a regular basis. Will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and going up and down
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity
- Excellent Leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow
- Adaptability – a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term
- Personal Presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and
May be subject to past criminal background check, drug test and past employment verification. Oneida County Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please email resume to email@example.com – no phone calls