What is a Habitat ReStore?
ReStore is a resale business that sells new and used building materials and home improvement items to the general public. All materials are donated by local retail businesses, building contractors, suppliers and individuals, and are made available for sale to the public at 50% to 90% below retail prices.
All donations are tax deductible, and proceeds generated from the ReStore benefits the mission of Oneida County Habitat for Humanity to build, renovate and revitalize simple safe, decent and affordable homes for low income, disabled and elderly families and homeowners.
Why Have a ReStore?
The profits help support Oneida County Habitat For Humanity, so we can build, renovate and revitalize simple, decent, affordable housing in our community. It helps provide reduced cost building materials for use in upgrading and maintaining houses.
- Offers building materials at reduced prices to improve homes for families in our comnunity
- Supports environmental goals
- Offers an opportunity for recycling
- Reduces material going to land fills
Why Shop ReStore?
Three things happen when you shop at the Habitat ReStore:
1. You save money.
2. You buy items that might have otherwise been thrown in our overcrowded landfills
3. You help Habitat raise money to build affordable housing in Oneida County
Who are ReStore Customers?
- The general public
- Treasure seekers