Through homeownership, Oneida County Habitat for Humanity helps to develop and transform communities by building affordable and sustainable homes in partnership with lower-income families.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
We believe that every man, woman and child deserves a safe, decent place in which to live. By providing homeownership opportunities in partnership with lower-income households, Habitat is making safe, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Together, we are breaking the cycle of poverty and building foundations for a stronger future.
We believe that no one lives in dignity until everyone can live in dignity. We believe that every person has something to contribute and something to gain from creating communities in which all people have decent, affordable places to live. We believe that dignity and hope are best achieve through equitable, accountable partnerships.
“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
Habitat for Humanity Core Values
- Habitat builds strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
- Strong and stable homes help build strong and stable communities.
- Decent shelter is something we all need to thrive.
- With a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own.
- Bold actions speak louder than words.
- Working together, side by side, promotes understanding and self-reliance.